This chicken stew is so easy and delicious, that I feel compelled to put aside all other projects to share it with you. A warm, flavorful and satisfying Fall meal in 30 minutes, no joke.
I found this recipe at one of my favorite blogs, Add a Pinch. She calls it a chili, but there isn’t enough spice or thickness to it for me to consider it a chili, so I prefer to call it a stew. Tomato…tom-aa-to, it is simply delicious!
Chicken and White Bean Stew
Adapted from a recipe at Add a Pinch
- 6-8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock (or full sodium and cut back on the salt)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, with liquids from beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilis, with liquids from chilis
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano